Go to Reviews.org US Edition
Apple has increased the price of Apple TV+ and select Apple Music plans. Apple TV+ will now set you back $9.99 per month, while the standard Apple Music plan now starts at $12.99 per month. The Apple Music family plan has gotten expensive too, now selling for $19.99 per month respectively. The Siri-only Apple Music Voice and Apple Music Student pan are is still $5.99 per month and $6.99 per month respectively.
As a result, Apple One subscriptions are also between $1 per month and $3 per month more expensive.
Apple Arcade, Apple News+, Apple Fitness+, and iCloud+ pricing remains unchanged.
Here's a complete breakdown of how much you'll pay for Apple services going forward:
- Apple Music Voice: Still $5.99 per month
- Apple Music Student: Still $6.99 per month
- Apple Music: Now $12.99 per month, was $11.99 per month
- Apple Music Family: Now $19.99 per month, was $17.99 per month
- Apple TV+: Now $9.99 per month, was $7.99 per month
- Apple Arcade: Still $7.99 per month
- Apple News+: Still $14.99 per month
- Apple Fitness+: Still $14.99 per month
- iCloud+ with 50GB: Still $1.49 per month
- iCloud+ with 200GB: Still $4.49 per month
- iCloud+ with 2TB: Still $14.99 per month
- Apple One Individual: Now $21.95 per month, was $19.95 per month
- Apple One Family: Now $28.95 per month, was $25.95 per month
- Apple One Premier: Now $42.95 per month, was $39.95 per month
Existing customers will be given 30 days' notice ahead of the price rise, giving them time to cancel.
An Apple spokesperson said the Apple Music increase is due to higher licensing costs.
"In turn, artists and songwriters will earn more for the streaming of their music. We also continue to add innovative features that make Apple Music the world’s best listening experience."
"We introduced Apple TV+ at a very low price because we started with just a few shows and movies. Three years later, Apple TV+ is home to an extensive selection of award-winning and broadly acclaimed series, feature films, documentaries, and kids and family entertainment from the world’s most creative storytellers."
Update (25/10/22): A previous version of this story said the Apple Music Student plan also got more expensive. This is not the case. We regret the error.