Ho-Ho-Holiday Movie Dream Job
Listen up, future Chief Holiday Cheermeister! Do you love all things holiday-related, like peppermint mochas, fully decorated homes, and cuddling on the couch under a snowflake blanket while watching a holiday movie?
Good, because that means you’re the right person to help us find the best holiday movie of all time.
How are you going to do this, you ask? You’ll get to watch 25 holiday movies of your choice in 25 days. (It’s a dream come true, we know!)
Not only do you get to watch lots of movies while working from home (we won’t tell your boss) or with the kids during dinnertime, you’re going to get paid for it!
Want to get paid $2,500 and get a year’s worth of streaming to seven different streaming services? Yeah, we thought so (*wink*).
So … are you willing to complete the challenge?
Who should apply?
Does the sound of jingle bells warm your heart? Have you always wanted a ticket to the Polar Express? Did you start celebrating Christmas on November 1 (or, let’s be real, probably before that)? If you’re the type of person who watches holiday movies year-round, we want to hire you!
What will you get?
As our Chief Holiday Cheermeister (put this prestigious title on your resume), you’re going to get $2,500 of cold hard cash (well … probably a direct deposit).
And that’s not all! (Cue the holiday infomercial.) We’ll give you gift cards to cover a one-year subscription to the following streaming services:
- Amazon Prime
- HBO Max
- Apple TV+
- Hallmark Movies Now
And you get unlimited hot cocoa breaks and a fast-tracked application to the “nice” list.
What’s the job?
To be our one and only Chief Holiday Cheermeister, here are the basic requirements and responsibilities:
- You must already have a device compatible for streaming.
- You’ll have to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days (“Sorry boss, I got a real job to do this month.”)
- You’ll have to fill out a short post-movie survey (ya know, like, did it give you holiday cheer and that sense of nostalgia that we all love during this time of the year?).
What will I watch?
You’ll be able to pick the 25 movies you’ll be watching (we might even let you count Die Hard). But as our gift to you, we’ve put together a list of Christmas movie recommendations:
- Home Alone
- Frosty the Snowman
- The Santa Clause
- A Christmas Story
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Rise of the Guardians
- The Polar Express
- A Christmas Carol
- The Holiday
- Christmas with the Kranks
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- Arthur Christmas
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1967)
- The Grinch (2018)
- Miracle on 34th Street
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Jingle All the Way
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Deck the Halls
- Love Actually
- Last Holiday
- Four Christmases
- The Muppet Christmas Carol
Want to mix it up with a few New Years movies? Here are a few of our favorites:
- New Year’s Eve
- When Harry Met Sally
- While You Were Sleeping
- The Holiday
- Bridget Jones’s Diary
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Holiday Inn
- An Affair to Remember
- About Time
Dates and details
Applications are open until 11:59 p.m. (MT) on December 4, 2020. So don’t get too caught up in your Amazon Christmas shopping spree and forget about this wonderful once in a lifetime opportunity (seriously though).
We’ll be announcing the winner on December 7, 2020, on our YouTube channel, so be sure to subscribe! Or you could miss out on getting notified the moment your name gets announced (but we’ll still email you if you’ve won).
Applications are closed
Applications for our holiday dream job have closed! Thanks to everyone who applied.
If you applied, make sure to tune in to our livestream on Monday, December 7 at 1 p.m. (MST). We’ll announce the winner then. (You can still win the job if you aren’t watching the livestream, but we strongly suggest showing up for the fun of hearing Craig say your name!)
We’re also hosting a giveaway for livestream participants! The prizes we’re giving away include Google Chromecast, 1-year subscriptions to Disney+, and a 55-inch TCL Smart TV.
To enter the livestream giveaway, participants must join in the chat section of the livestream when prompted. Winners will be selected at random using a number generator tool, and entrants must be 18 or older and live within the US.
Full giveaway terms and conditions will be posted in the description section of the livestream on YouTube.
How will I know if I won?
We’ll be announcing the winner live on our Youtube channel on December 7, 2020, so be sure to subscribe to our channel for the announcement! Or just wait for the email (but we promise, it won’t be as exciting).
The winner will be contacted via email after the announcement and will have seven days to accept or decline the dream job offer.
|Holiday Dream Job Livestream||Watch Livestream|
And ’tis the season to jingle that notification bell, too, so you never miss any of our new videos!
Oh, and one more thing…
Thank you. Really. You being here means a lot to us.
At Reviews.org we like to have fun and create unique opportunities for our readers like the Holiday Movie Dream Job, but at our heart we’re a team of super-curious tech reviewers who want to help you make decisions about what services and products are best suited to connecting your home to your life. Whether you’re looking for a faster internet provider, a new cell phone plan, or a smart home security system to keep you and your family safe and secure, we’ve got the reviews you need to make a choice you can be excited about. If you enjoyed this piece and want to see what else we do well, check out one (or all) of these articles we’ve picked to give you taste of everything we have to offer. We hope you’ll stick around!
Terms and conditions
Reviews.org Dream Job Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the Holiday Movie Dream Job (“Dream Job”) is Clearlink Technologies, LLC, DBA Reviews.org (“Promoter”), whose principal office is located at 5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84116.
- Employees of Promoter, or their family members, or anyone else connected in any way with the Dream Job or helping to set up the Dream Job shall not be permitted to enter.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the state’s laws where you reside to apply for the Dream Job.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- DREAM JOB VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS DREAM JOB. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by applicants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Dream Job.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Dream Job, applicants waive all right to and hold the Promoter harmless from any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this Dream Job or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The Promoter will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect applications; an applicant’s failure to receive prize notices due to applicant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for applicants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Dream Job; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the applications in this Dream Job; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Dream Job, or announcement of the Recipient of the Dream Job (“Recipient”).
- The route to entry for the Dream Job and details on how to enter are available at Reviews.org. Individuals may apply by filling out the application form on Reviews.org’s website.
- The closing date for entry will be December 4th at 11:59 PM. After this date, no further applications to the Dream Job will be permitted.
- Reviews.org will select one (1) Dream Job recipient (“Recipient”) from the entire pool of eligible entries. The recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by Reviews.org employees.
- The Recipient will be notified by email within seven days of the closing date. If the Recipient cannot be contacted, is not eligible, or does not claim the opportunity to participate in the Dream Job within seven days of notification, Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT: The Recipient acknowledges that participation in the Dream Job will be an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by accepting the Dream Job. The Recipient has no authority to bind Promoter to contracts, make any agreement or representations on the Promoter’s behalf without the Promoter’s written consent. Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Promoter to its employees. The Promoter is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient’s behalf. Recipient acknowledges that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. The Recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- Dream Job consists of watching 25 holiday movies of the Recipient’s choice within 25 days. The Promoter will notify the Recipient(s) on how to complete the Dream Job requirements.
- The Promoter is committed to providing equal opportunities to participate in the Dream Job to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, if the Recipient believes she/he/they need an accommodation to complete the requirements of the Dream Job because of a disability, the Promoter will provide a reasonable accommodation that would allow the Recipient to complete the requirements of the Dream Job unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
- Before starting the Dream Job, the Recipient will receive instructions to redeem their 1-year streaming package (“Streaming Package”) via email or video call. Recipients will receive (i) a digital Netflix Gift Card (valued at $168); and (ii) a digital Hulu Gift Card (valued at $100); and (iii) a Disney+ Gift Subscription (valued at $69.99); and (iii) an Amazon Prime membership (valued at $119); and (iv) an Apple ID credit (valued at $60); and (v) a Hallmark Movies Now Gift Subscription (valued at $59.99); and a Visa Gift Card for HBO Max (valued at $200).
- This Dream Job is conducted by Promoter and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any of the properties listed above or their affiliates.
- Upon completion of the Dream Job, the Recipient will receive a stipend of $2,500.00 USD. The Promoter shall distribute stipend to the Recipient distributed no earlier than 30 days following the completion of the Dream Job requirements.
- No cash alternative to the Dream Job or Streaming Package will be offered. Opportunity to participate in the Dream Job is not transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Streaming Package items with items of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Where legally required, the Recipient’s name will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient’s name, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W. Douglas Corrigan Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- The Promoter’s decision regarding all matters to do with the Dream Job will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
- By applying for this Dream Job, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
This dream job is administered by Reviews.org and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any of the parties mentioned above.