NFL+ has made big moves this off-season—some might even say playoff-worthy
NFL Plus Review
What is NFL Plus?
NFL+, formerly NFL Game Pass, is an app that gives you access to live out-of-market preseason games, local and primetime regular and postseason games, and the NFL RedZone and NFL Network channels.
Let’s kick off with the details of pricing, why an NFL+ Premium subscription is worth every penny, and if this service is better or worse for you than NFL Sunday Ticket or a streaming service that will fulfill all of your 2023 NFL game-watching needs.
How to Watch NFL Week 15 Games
- Thursday Night Football’s matchup between the LA Chargers and Las Vegas Raiders will be available to stream on Amazon Prime Video. If you’ll be streaming on your smartphone or tablet, you can stream TNF with your NFL+ subscription. And if you live in or near LA or Vegas, you can watch the game on FOX or ABC.
- We are gifted with three Saturday NFL games this week, all on NFL Network or streamable on NFL+: Vikings vs. Bengals at 12:00 p.m. (CDT), Steelers vs. Colts at 3:30 p.m. (CDT), and Broncos vs. Lions at 7:15 p.m. (CDT).
- Among all Sunday’s early afternoon games, the majority of the US will get access to the Chiefs and Patriots game on FOX. States in the center of the country can watch the Buccaneers vs. Packers matchup on CBS. For the other games, if you don’t live in or near the area of your team’s fanbase, you’ll need NFL Sunday Ticket to watch the full game or NFL RedZone for the highlights in real-time.
- For Sunday’s late afternoon games, the majority of the US will get the Cowboys vs. Bills game on FOX. For the other games, if you don’t live in or near the area of your team’s fanbase, you’ll need NFL Sunday Ticket to watch the full game or NFL RedZone for the highlights in real-time.
- Sunday Night Football’s matchup between the Ravens and Jaguars will air on NBC and be streamable on Peacock. For Monday Night Football, the Eagles vs. Seahawks will air on ABC and ESPN and be streamable on ESPN+.
How much is NFL+ Plus?
An NFL+ subscription costs $7 per month, and the NFL+ Premium subscription costs $15.
We suggest ordering the annual subscription if (and only if) you want to stream NFL on-demand content after the 2023 NFL season, like game replays, NFL Films, A Football Life, and Mic’d Up.
Otherwise, you’ll save money by ordering a monthly subscription from August to January. An annual subscription will save you money if you want the app for 2+ months after the Super Bowl.
What is included with an NFL+ subscription?
An NFL+ subscription ($7 per month) gives you access to live out-of-market preseason games, local and primetime regular and postseason season games, the NFL Network channel, Fantasy+, and on-demand NFL content.
When you upgrade to NFL+ Premium, you get all that and the NFL RedZone Channel, and the option to watch full, condensed, and all-22 coaches film replays.
Should you get the NFL+ Premium subscription? Well, that’s like asking if you should draft Travis Kelce for your fantasy football team.
When you upgrade for $8 more to the NFL+ Premium subscription, you’re getting the greatest channel ever to exist. The NFL RedZone Channel allows you to watch the important plays of the Sunday morning and afternoon games in real time.
Normally the NFL RedZone Channel costs $6–$13 per month, but only with a TV provider. So NFL+ is the only way to get the NFL RedZone Channel without a TV subscription.
And if you’re like me and want to be updated on what happened in each game on Monday or Tuesday, the 30-minute condensed version of all games comes in handy.
How soon are NFL Plus's replays available?
The full replay of all games are available 10 minutes after it's aired, and you won't be able to fast-forward past the ads.
On the app, the condensed version of the game says it will be "available 2–4 hours after the game ends." But, this isn't necessarily true with all games.
A reader sent me an email with NFL Support's reply addressing the issue, and they said "editing and uploading for those replays may take up to 24 hours."
If you missed the game and want a quick recap in 30–40 minutes, you might have to wait until the next day. If you're like me, you watched the condensed version the day afterward anyways.
The All-22 version of the games are available 24–48 hours after the game ends.
Can you watch all NFL games on NFL Plus?
In short, no. The games you get access to depend on your location. NFL+ gives you access to live local and primetime regular and postseason season games.
So if you live in Idaho, you’ll likely get access to many Seattle Seahawks games, as well as Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football games.
(Thursday Night Football games air only on Amazon Prime Video besides Week 1 and Thanksgiving.)
When you order the $15 NFL+ Premium membership, you’ll get access to the full, condensed, and all-22 coaches film replays. This includes all NFL games each week, but it also means you can’t watch some games until after the game is over.
If you want to watch all Green Bay Packers games live, you can watch every Jordan Love snap with NFL Sunday Ticket. Or you can get the NFL RedZone Channel and the primetime-game channels with a TV provider. We have a list of our favorites for streaming the 2023 NFL season.
Should you get NFL Plus or NFL Sunday Ticket?
NFL Sunday Ticket is for any diehard one-team fans who want to watch the team’s 17 games.
So if you can’t imagine missing one full drive by the Dallas Cowboys or one catch and carry by the Jets offense, this is your front-row ticket (on the couch).
YouTube TV is home to NFL Sunday Ticket, and you can order one of the following four plans:
- NFL Sunday Ticket + YouTube TV for $349 per season
- NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone Channel + YouTube TV for $389 per season
- NFL Sunday Ticket without YouTube TV for $449 per season
- NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone Channel without YouTube TV for $489 per season
Or you could get a free NFL Sunday Ticket subscription by becoming a new Verizon Fios Home Internet customer. This internet service provider is handing off free NFL Sunday Ticket subscriptions to those who sign up for their gigabit internet service.
So you can get great internet for smooth streaming—with no lag or buffering—and Sunday Ticket for $70–$90 per month.
Verizon Fios Home Internet + NFL Sunday Ticket prices
Is NFL Plus worth it?
An NFL+ subscription is worth it if you want to stream live out-of-market preseason games, local and primetime regular and postseason season games, the NFL Network channel, Fantasy+, and on-demand NFL content for $7 per month.
But think of an NFL+ Premium subscription as an upgrade from Carson Wentz to Jalen Hurts.
Besides NFL+, the NFL RedZone Channel is available only with TV providers. So you’d be paying $6–$13 for the channel on top of your TV subscription.
But NFL+ isn’t for all types of NFL fans.
Most NFL fans would benefit from one of the best TV providers for the 2023 NFL season if you’d like to stream live channels during the week, like Big Ten Network and FOX Sports. With one of these TV services, you’ll get all NFL game channels (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and ESPN) and the option to add the NFL RedZone Channel.
And if you’re a devoted one-team fan, you’ll get your team’s 17 regular season games straight to your TV with NFL Sunday Ticket.
Frequently asked questions about NFL Plus
You can get the NFL RedZone Channel with a $15 NFL+ Premium subscription. You’ll also get access to local and primetime regular and postseason season games.
NFL+ gives you access to the NFL RedZone Channel and local and primetime regular and postseason season games. NFL Sunday Ticket allows you to stream all out-of-market games, which is about 200 games during the NFL regular season.
Per NFL.com, you can cast “certain content.” So our best guess is that you can cast only replays of NFL games. It’s specified that you can watch live local and primetime regular and postseason games only on your smartphone or tablet.