Go to Reviews.org AU Edition
How to Watch the 2022 NFL Draft
Do you miss football? Us too.
The 2022 NFL Draft is one of the best events of the year because it can turn our football world upsides down (behind the trades and re-signings). But I know we're all hoping our team makes the right choice.
The NFL Draft is going to be held in Las Vegas April 28–April 30, 2022 after the 2020 Draft that was supposed to be in Nevada was switched to virtual.
The excitement will start at 8 p.m. ET with the Jacksonville Jaguars selecting the number one overall pick (yet, again).
This year marks the 87th meeting of the NFL, and the show must go on. We are here to tell you how you can watch this event because if you're like us, you're pumped for the NFL Draft.
What channel will the NFL Draft be on?
The 2022 NFL Draft will air on ABC, ESPN, NFL Network and ESPN Deportes.
Don’t have these channels? It's cool. We have some recommended streaming services, cable TV providers, and satellite TV providers that do.
Who doesn’t want to see if Michigan's Aidan Hutchinson is actually picked by the Jaguars? Or if the Detroit Lions are smart enough to take Liberty's Malik Willis?
Where can I watch the NFL Draft live?
If you have these TV services, you’re ready to watch good ol’ Roger Goodell on the podium for three days (*boooo*).
If not, we recommend these TV services for the 2022 NFL Draft. We actually recommend these services to avid sports fans (such as yourself, if you're reading this) all year round.
TV service type
TV channel count
|Hulu + Live TV||Streaming||$68.99–$82.99†||75||View Plans|
|Xfinity TV||Cable TV||$20–$68.5‡||185||View Plans|
|CHOICE All-Included||Satellite TV||$84.99/mo. for 24 months plus taxes and fees^||200+||View Plan|
Sling TV is the most budget-friendly option
All of Sling TV's packages will have at least NFL Network or ESPN for you to watch the NFL Draft.
Sling Blue has NFL Network, Sling Orange has ESPN, and Sling Orange + Blue has both.
In our best streaming services piece, we named Sling the best live-TV budget pick because you can enjoy up to 45 great channels for just $40 per month with Sling Blue. Most live TV streaming services hover around the $65 monthly price (with 75 or more channels).
Sling TV is perfect for money savers, and after the NFL Draft, you'll get to enjoy MSNBC, HGTV, CNN, TBS, and TNT.
YouTube TV is the most well-rounded option for sports fans
YouTube TV has the NFL Network among other major sports networks for you to watch the NFL Draft in late April.
There's no question about why we chose YouTube TV as one of the best streaming service for sports because it's the only live TV streaming service with the NFL Network, NBA TV, and MLB Network for the price of $65 per month. We know this is especially important for sports aficionados.
But YouTube TV has sports channels such as ESPNews, ESPNU, FS1, FS2, SEC, FOX Sports, and about 10 more.
Hulu + Live TV gives you football and more entertainment
Hulu + Live TV gives you all of the entertainment your family will want:
After the Draft, you’ll be able to watch FOX Sports (FS1), ESPNU, CBS Sports Network, SEC Network, and the Golf Channel. All of these sports channels are why Hulu Live is on our best streaming services for sports list.
Also, Hulu Live has ESPN College Extra for the Clemson and Notre Dame fans, which is hard to find anywhere else.
Hulu Live also comes with the best entertainment bundle for families: the "Disney+ bundle". When you order Hulu Live, you'll automatically get Disney+ and ESPN+ added to your service.
Xfinity TV is the best cable option for watching all seven rounds
You can watch all 262 players selected over the 3-day NFL Draft period with Xfinity TV.
The Popular TV plan ($50 per month) will give you ABC and ESPN and 125 channels in total. But upgrade for only $10 per month with Ultimate TV and you'll also get NFL Network, a total of 23 sports channels, and a total of 185 channels.
The sports channels Xfinity TV carries include the Tennis Channel, MLB Network, NBA TV, NHL Network, and Zona Fútbol.
So for $60 per month, or the price of a Kansas City Chiefs hoodie, you’ll get to see in real-time which wide receiver the Chiefs will choose. And then you can watch every other American sport throughout the year.
DIRECTV is perfect for NFL fans
What’s NFL SUNDAY TICKET?
Only every football fan’s dream. You get all out-of-market NFL football games right on your TV, and you’ll basically get all in-market games with DIRECTV’s channel lineup.
You’ll also get NFL Red Zone, which is a channel that will jump to whichever team is inside the 20-yard line with a chance to score. So you’ll get to see the most exciting parts of the game.
Where can I watch the NFL Draft for free online?
Other than jumping on a free trial to one of the live TV streaming services, there isn't a way to watch the NFL Draft for free.
You'll be able watch the NFL Draft online on NFL.com/watch, but you’ll have to sign in to your cable or satellite TV provider account.
Recap: So which service should you get for the NFL Draft?
These are the five service providers we recommend for the NFL Draft, and they’ll likely satisfy your sports addiction afterward. There’s a reason to want all of them, and the decision can be difficult, but let us help you decide:
- Sling TV: Sling TV is the most budget-friendly option with its TV packages starting at $40 per month. You'll only get a sad total of six sports channels ... but at least you'll get ESPN and NFL Network on your TV to watch the NFL Draft with the fam!
- YouTube TV: YouTube TV has ABC, ESPN, and NFL Network along with other major sports channels. But it was named the second best streaming service for sports by us due to its solid sports channel lineup and unlimited-storage DVR for the price of $65 per month.
- Hulu + Live TV: Perfect for families, Hulu Live has you covered with channels for the Draft along with Disney+ and ESPN+ for sports-loving families. After the 2022 NFL Draft, you'll get to enjoy about 15 sports channels every single day if you wish.
- Xfinity TV: If you're looking for cable, Xfinity TV is reliable and widely available across the US. With the entry-level package, you'll have ABC and ESPN for the NFL Draft, or you can upgrade for $10 to get NFL Network along with 22 other sports channels.
- DIRECTV: This satellite provider offers ABC, ESPN, and NFL Network with the CHOICE plan at $80 per month. But if you upgrade to ULTIMATE for $100 per month, you'll get 15 other sports channels instead of seven and 75 more total channels. With the CHOICE plan or above, you'll get the big ticket for free for one season. Perfect for football aficionados, NFL SUNDAY TICKET is hard to live without during football season.
For best results, add great internet
We’re probably correct in assuming that you’d like to stream the NFL Draft in high quality video without loading problems, right?
If you’re needing a new, faster internet provider, check out our top internet providers for seamless streaming.