Go to Reviews.org AU Edition
How to Watch the 2021 NFL Draft
Pandemic? No problem. Football doesn’t stop.
As all of us football fans know the NFL Draft went virtual in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but things are going back to somewhat normal this year. The big event in 2021 is going to be held in Cleveland April 29–May 1, 2021.
The NFL Draft will go as planned for now in this football town as an in-person event, with the Jacksonville Jaguars selecting the number one overall pick.
This year marks the 86th meeting of the NFL, and the show must go on. We are here to tell you how you can watch this event because if you're like us, you're pumped for the NFL Draft.
What channel will the NFL Draft be on?
The 2021 NFL Draft will air on NFL Network and ESPN.
Don’t have these channels? Well, we have some recommended streaming services, cable TV providers, and satellite TV providers that do.
Who doesn’t want to see if Clemson's Trevor Lawrence is actually picked by the Jaguars? Or if the New York Jets are smart enough to take BYU's Zach Wilson?
Where can I watch the NFL Draft live?
If you have these TV services, you’re ready to watch good ol’ Roger Goodell on the podium for three days (*boooo*).
If not, we recommend these TV services for the 2021 NFL Draft. We actually recommend these services to avid sports fans (such as yourself, if you're reading this) and not just for the Draft.
TV service type
TV channel count
|Sling Blue||Streaming||$35*||45+||View Plan|
|CHOICE All-Included||Satellite||$69.99†||185+||View Plan|
|Your Fios TV||Fiber||$65.00/mo.‡||125+||View Plans|
Sling TV is the most budget-friendly option
All of Sling TV's packages will have at least NFL Network or ESPN for you to watch the NFL Draft.
Sling Blue has NFL Network, Sling Orange has ESPN, and Sling Orange + Blue has both.
In our best streaming services piece, we named Sling best live-TV budget pick because you can enjoy up to 47 great channels for just $35 per month with Sling Blue. Most live TV streaming services hover around the $65 monthly price (with 65 or more channels).
Sling TV is perfect for money savers, and after the NFL Draft, you'll get to enjoy MSNBC, HGTV, CNN, TBS, and TNT.
Check out our full review on Sling TV to see if its the perfect service for you and your family.
YouTube TV is the most well-rounded option for sports fans
YouTube TV has the NFL Network among other major sports networks for you to watch the NFL Draft in late April.
There's no question about why we chose YouTube TV as one of the best streaming service for sports because it's the only live TV streaming service with the NFL Network, NBA TV, and MLB Network for the price of $65 per month. We know this is especially important for sports aficionados.
DIRECTV is perfect for NFL fans
What’s NFL SUNDAY TICKET?
Only every football fan’s dream. You get all out-of-market NFL football games right on your TV, and you’ll basically get all in-market games with DIRECTV’s channel lineup.
You’ll also get NFL Red Zone, which is a channel that will jump to whichever team is inside the 20-yard line with a chance to score. So you’ll get to see the most exciting parts of the game.
Now tell us you don’t want that. If you want more details, check out our DIRECTV review.
fuboTV has about 50 sports channels, including NFL Network and ESPN
fuboTV may have the most solid sports channel lineup in the industry because no other TV service comes close to having 50 sports channels.
After the Draft, you’ll be able to watch FS1, ESPN U, CBS Sports Network, SEC Network, and NBA TV. All of these sports channels are why fuboTV is number one on our best streaming service for sports list and best sports packages list.
Also, fuboTV has some niche sports channels that are hard to find anywhere else, such as Zona Fútbol, TVG, and GINX Esports TV.
If you want more details to see if fuboTV is for you, check out our full review.
Verizon Fios is the best cable option
Verizon Fios' Your Fios TV plan will give you NFL Network and ESPN among 17 other sports channels and 125 channels in total. For $56 per month, or the price of a Kansas City Chiefs hoodie, you’ll get to watch the NFL Draft and lots of popular channels with this package.
Where can I watch the NFL Draft for free online?
Other than jumping on a free trial to one of the live TV streaming services, there isn't a way to watch the NFL Draft for free.
You'll be able watch the NFL Draft online on NFL.com/watch, but you’ll have to sign in to your cable or satellite TV provider account.
Recap: So which service should you get for the NFL Draft?
These are the five service providers we recommend for the NFL Draft, and they’ll likely satisfy your sports addiction afterward. There’s a reason to want all of them, and the decision can be difficult, but let us help you decide:
- Sling TV: Sling TV is the most budget-friendly option with its Sling Blue package for $35 per month. You'll only get a sad total of six sports channels ... but at least you'll get NFL Network on your TV to watch the NFL Draft with the fam!
- YouTube TV: YouTube TV has NFL Network along with other major sports channels. But it was named the second best streaming service for sports by us due to its solid sports channel lineup and unlimited-storage DVR for the price of $65 per month.
- DIRECTV: This satellite provider offers NFL Network with the CHOICE plan at $70 per month. But if you upgrade to ULTIMATE for $85 per month, you'll get 15 other sports channels instead of seven. With the CHOICE plan or above, you'll get the big ticket for free for one season. Perfect for football aficionados, NFL SUNDAY TICKET is hard to live without during football season.
- fuboTV: Perfect for international and national sports coverage, fuboTV has you covered with NFL Network and ESPN. After the 2021 NFL Draft, you'll get to enjoy about 50 other sports channels every single day if you wish.
- Verizon Fios TV: If you want cable, Verizon Fios is a reliable and speedy option. With the entry-level package, you'll have ESPN and NFL Network for the NFL Draft, and then you and your family can watch the other 125 0r so other channels together throughout the year.
For best results, add great internet
We’re probably correct in assuming that you’d like to stream the NFL Draft in high quality video without loading problems, right?
If you’re needing a new, faster internet provider, check out our top internet providers for seamless streaming.
Leave a Reply