Are you a players fan or a loyal one-team fan?
NFL RedZone Channel vs. NFL Sunday Ticket Review
Should you get the NFL RedZone Channel or NFL Sunday Ticket?
You should get the NFL RedZone Channel if you like the idea of watching the important parts of the Sunday morning and afternoon games—touchdowns, pick 6s, sacks, and every moment that makes you jump to your feet.
NFL Sunday Ticket is for the diehard Cowboys, Packers, or Steelers fans who don’t live in the respective areas those teams’ stadiums are located. So if you live in Salt Lake City but want to monitor Dak’s promise of throwing less than 10 picks in the season, the Ticket is for you.
Let’s kick off with price and feature differences between these two services.
How to Watch NFL Week 4 Games
- Thursday Night Football’s matchup between the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers will be available to stream on Amazon Prime Video. If you’ll be streaming on your smartphone or tablet, you can stream TNF with your NFL+ subscription. And if you live in or near Detroit or Milkwaukee, you can watch the game on FOX.
- Among all Sunday’s early afternoon games, the majority of the US will get access to the Dolphins vs. Bills or Broncos vs. Bears games on CBS (but we’re talking only 30% of the US for each). For FOX, all five games are split evenly across the US in their respective fanbase areas. If you’re not in that 30% or live in the area of your team, you’ll need NFL Sunday Ticket to watch the game.
- For Sunday’s late afternoon games, if you didn’t get an early game on CBS, you’ll get the late afternoon matchup between the Raiders and LA Chargers. If you live on the further west edge of the US, you’ll get the Cardinals and 49ers game on FOX. The rest of the country can watch the Patriots vs. Cowboys game.
- Sunday Night Football’s matchup between the Chiefs and Jets will air on NBC. For the Monday Night Football game, the Seahawks vs. NY Giants will air on ABC and ESPN and be streamable on ESPN+.
NFL RedZone Channel vs. NFL Sunday Ticket: Prices
The NFL RedZone Channel is available with a handful of TV providers. So you can order this channel with a live TV streaming service, cable TV, or satellite TV.
The RedZone Channel is usually offered in a sports channel pack for $6–$13 and can include other channels like MLB Network, NBA TV, and Big Ten Network.
NFL RedZone add-on price
NFL Sunday Ticket is offered only with YouTube TV, and you can order one of the following four plans:
- NFL Sunday Ticket + YouTube TV for $349 per season
- NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone Channel + YouTube TV for $389 per season
- NFL Sunday Ticket without YouTube TV for $449 per season
- NFL Sunday Ticket + NFL RedZone Channel without YouTube TV for $489 per season
- NFL Sunday Ticket with Student Discount for $109–$119
YouTube TV obviously wants you to sign up for its service so you can get hooked and continue with it after the football season. So whether you’d like to keep it or not, we recommend ordering the cheaper-with-YouTube-TV options. You can cancel your subscription after the NFL regular season.
But if you want to get NFL Sunday Ticket for free, then becoming a new Verizon Fios Home Internet customer might be your team's best move.
Verizon Fios is giving free NFL Sunday Ticket subscriptions to new gigabit internet customers. With this internet plan, you’ll get a great internet connection to stream all NFL games seamlessly with no lag or buffering.
It’s a two-in-one, really—like a dual-threat quarterback.
Is the NFL RedZone Channel better than NFL Sunday Ticket?
During the Sunday morning and afternoon NFL games, the NFL RedZone Channel jumps to whichever team is inside the 20-yard line. And at times, this can include a double- or quadruple-screen view.
This channel will also show the most exciting plays in real-time, like pick 6’s, one-handed grabs, Hail Marys, and long rushes.
It’s quite literally the best channel in the universe.
So this channel is perfect for fantasy football team managers, those who are more of a “player’s person,” and any NFL fan who likes a good Football Sunday.
For myself, I want to see Lamar Jackson connecting with OBJ, then 20 seconds later, I’m watching Bijan Johnson tearing up the field. I don’t want to miss a great sack by Nick Bosa or Patrick Mahomes throwing another two-point conversion—because I have a fantasy team to uphold.
And I get all this for $11 per month during the football season.
But if you can’t miss one New York Giants game and live in Los Angeles, NFL Sunday Ticket will be worth the price tag.
Is NFL Sunday Ticket better than the NFL RedZone Channel?
NFL Sunday Ticket gives you access to about 200 Sunday out-of-market games during the regular season.
So if you wake up on the east coast and the Seattle Seahawks morning or afternoon game is not broadcasted live in your area, you can find the Hawks game with your NFL Sunday Ticket service.
When Geno Smith and team are featured on ABC, CBS, NBC, or FOX, you will need to switch over to the respective channel to watch the game. You won’t find these games on NFL Sunday Ticket.
As long as you have NFL Sunday Ticket, a TV provider with the required NFL game channels, and Prime Video, you will not miss one Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf play.
NFL RedZone Channel vs. NFL Sunday Ticket: Which is better?
It depends on what kind of NFL fan you are.
If you have a reason to like every team, you’re a fantasy football team manager, and want to catch all the important plays of the Sunday morning and afternoon games—get the NFL RedZone Channel.
If you can’t fathom missing an Aaron Jones carry, or a sack made by the Pittsburgh Steelers' dominant defense, you’ll want NFL Sunday Ticket. You’ll get access to all out-of-market NFL games every Sunday, so you’ll never miss one Raiders game.
But remember, you’ll need the ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC channels for nationally broadcasted games and Amazon Prime Video for TNF.
You can get NFL Sunday Ticket for free with Verizon Fios Home Internet. That means more game-time snacks and Cowboys gear for you.
NFL Sunday Ticket is for loyal one-team fans who want access to the team’s 17 regular season games. The NFL RedZone Channel benefits all NFL fans who would rather watch all important plays during the Sunday morning and afternoon games in real-time.
You can add the NFL RedZone Channel to your NFL Sunday Ticket subscription for $40 more. Then you will have access to the channel for the 18 weeks of the regular season.
For those who live in Canada (or anywhere outside of the US), you could likely watch both the NFL RedZone Channel and NFL Sunday Ticket games with a VPN (virtual private network).
If you want to stream only the NFL RedZone Channel, the TSN+ app makes it possible for $8 per month.
fuboTV offers the NFL RedZone Channel in its Sport Plus add-on for $11 per month. This add-on package also includes MLB Network Strike Zone, Tennis Channel, Stadium, Fight Network, and 10+ sports channels.