Review.org Australia’s 50 Best Gifts
The most practical gifts you can give this year as recommended by the Reviews.org Australia team.
Words by Georgia Dixon and Brodie Fogg
Once a year, internet and capitalism come together for a steamy month of Black Friday sales, shopping events and corporate Christmas parties that births potentially millions of gift guides from your beloved tech and lifestyle publications. All your favourite news feeds become littered with gift guides. Gift guides for fathers, for mothers, lovers, brothers and friends. LoFi gift guides to study/relax to. Amongst the maelstrom of most popular gifts for your pet mongoose, there are a few quality guides but there’s also an unthinkable number of articles created where “best” translates to “highest-paying affiliate partnership”.
Don’t get us wrong, we use paid affiliate links too (and it really helps us out if you buy through our links) but this year we decided to reach out to the wider Reviews.org Australia editorial and publishing team for recommendations on the most surprisingly practical purchases they made this year. Of course, some of us couldn’t help ourselves (see: full-body Predator costume) but for the most part, the recommendations you’ll find below are items that the Reviews.org Australia team swear by.
Tech and accessories
Whether they’re glued to their smartphone or ensnared in a pit of computer cables, your tech friends are typically the easiest to buy for.
Here are our top picks for best tech gifts this year.
- POPSOCKET: $9.95 atAmazon
- Sony WH-1000XM4: $349 at Kogan
- LIFX Day & Dusk Smart Bulb: $35.99 at Amazon
- 1Password: 30-day free trial
- LOOONG 3-metre USB-C cable: $24.99 at Catch
- Jabra Active Elite 75t: $299 at Catch
- Razer Gaming Mouse Bungee: $37 at Amazon
- Sturdy 34L Nomatic Backpack: $241 at Nomatic
- Google Home Mini: $45 at Kogan
- Tile Key Finder: From $34.99 at Tile
- Nokia 2720 4G Flip Phone: $109 at Amazon
- Super Mario Star Light: $19 at Kmart
- JBL Pulse 4 Bluetooth Speaker: $299 at Bing Lee
- Fitbit Versa 3: $324 at The Good Guys
- Chromecast with Google TV: $98 at Kogan
Games and entertainment
Who doesn’t love fun? If you’re friends or family are in need of some light entertainment this holiday season, you can’t go wrong with the classics, like Super Mario 3D All-Stars for Nintendo Switch.
These are the best entertainment and gaming gifts to help pass the time this year.
For the friend who watched Rocky once and now walks around the apartment shadow boxing.
Home and lifestyle
These handpicked gifts from the Reviews.org Australia team are products that changed our life in some way, big or small. Products that ended up giving us more than we bargained for, the very definition of gifts that kept on giving throughout the year.
Here are our top recommendations for the best home and lifestyle gifts this year:
- BIG 2.5L Water Bottle: $19.99 at Amazon
- Touchscreen Gloves: $12.10 at Amazon
- Sodastream: $59 at Kogan
- Smart Bidet with Heating: $359 at Kogan
- Digital Handheld Luggage Scale: $9.99 at Amazon
- Foot Hammock: $14 at Amazon
- Earasers: From $62.40 at Amazon
- Mezzaluna Rocking Kitchen Knife: $21.95 at Amazon
- Forever Sharp Kitchen Knives: $64 at Catch
- Betti Bossie Veggie Twister: $24.99 at Catch
- Pineapple Corer: $15.95 at Amazon
- Easy Weekends Cookbook: $30.95 at Booktopia
- Pink Flamingo Watering Can: $6.99 at Stratco
- Adhesive Cable Clips: $5.99 at Amazon
- Jar Opener: $7.95 at Amazon
- Rolling Garlic Crusher: $13.99 at Kogan
- Motion Activated Toilet Light: $12.99 at Kogan
- Instant Wine Aerator: $24.95 at Amazon
- Cooking Oil Sprayer: $34.95 at Catch
- Stainless Steel Soap Bar: $12.69 at Amazon
- Mycause Charity Donation: Choose from over 4,000 charities
Fashion and Beauty
Look, we’re all about tech here at Reviews.org Australia but that doesn’t mean we don’t have some slick recommendations for the best in fashion and beauty. There’s only one way to get over a week of writing about deals and sales, and that’s some well-deserved self-care.
Here are a few of the best beauty and fashion gifts our team recommend if you’re planning on treating yourself (or someone else) this year.
- Ice Roller for Puffy Eyes: $35.50 at Amazon
- Deluxe Adult Predator Costume: $144.99 at Amazon
- Slick Daddy Beard Oil: $24.95 at Amazon
- Red Converse: $69.99 at Kogan
- Dafni Hair Straightening Brush: $144.95 at Oz Hair and Beauty
- This is Fine Face Mask: From $12.70 at Redbubble
- Allbirds Merino Wool Runners: From $95 at Allbird
- Aesop Immediate Moisture: $25 at Adore Beauty