Just like any relationship, having a conversation can turn out great for both parties. Talking to a live agent on the phone can do wonders, so try making a call to renegotiate your contract.
Many agents get a commission based on the number of accounts they keep active—and you could take advantage of this. Maybe you could talk them into decreasing your monthly bill until your contract runs out.
Try these out and see what happens:
- “This service is too expensive. I could afford it if it were cheaper.”
- “We didn’t mind the package price, but these new fees are too much.”
- “We haven’t had TV service out here for three weeks, and this isn’t the first time.”
- “We don’t get ESPN with our package anymore, so . . .”
- “According to our contract, our service was supposed to be . . .”
Just make sure the agents don’t grant you “free” access to a package upgrade or premium channels and charge you fees in the future for these perks. They might even throw some credits or free streaming into the mix to keep your business.
Ask for what you want, and you might be surprised at what you end up with. You may stay together and live a happy life.