Go to Reviews.org AU Edition
Chances are if you’re reading this, you’ve been invited to use the super secretive and underground streaming service called Admitme TV in the past.
Now that Admitme TV has been shut down, you need to find an alternative that will satisfy your streaming itch.
You’re probably missing that huge HD streaming library and exclusive memberships. Well, what if we told you we found some somewhat similar streaming services?
- : Most on-demand content
- : Best for theater-like entertainment
- : Best for popular content
- : Most frequently updated content
- : Best for variety
What is the best Admitme TV alternative?
Without risking another free or cheap streaming service just disappearing, we are recommending only reliable streaming alternatives (ya know, legal ones).
If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to streaming TV, check out our How to Stream TV guide. We’ll help you find the right streaming device, the right internet provider, and give you step-by-step instructions on how to set everything up.
Tubi TV has the most on-demand content
What do we like about Tubi TV?
- The movies range between the '30s to 2020.
- You’ll have lots of genres to choose from.
- Easy-to-use app and web streaming
Tubi has a mass amount of classic and present-day content
Tubi TV has about 50,000 titles in its library, both nostalgic and newer.
You’ll get older TV shows such as The Dick Van Dyke Show, but Tubi TV also gives you somewhat newer shows like Project Runway, Hell’s Kitchen, Duck Dynasty, and Dance Moms.
As for the movies, you’ll have choices such as the following:
- Major League
- Surf's Up
- Gone Girl
- Due Date
- No Place Like Home
- I Know What You Did Last Summer
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- The Interview
- A Free Bird
- How the West Was Won
- He's Just Not That Into You
Visit the past by streaming Tubi TV on your Android, iOS, Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
You’ll have so many movie types to choose from on Tubi
The big list of genres and categories on Tubi TV goes on and on. Everyone (I mean everyone) will find a category they like.
There are categories such as Crime TV, Family Movies, Preschool, Sports Movies & Shows, Good Eats, and Holiday Movies. There is also a section for Tubi Kids that has all kid favorite shows and movies.
This free streaming service is worth checking out to hopefully replace some content you enjoyed on Admitme TV.
What are the pros and cons of Tubi TV?
- Good: Tubi TV gives you lots of free content of different genres that range from the '30s to 2020. And you’ll get to watch these titles interruption-free.
- Bad: Yes, we realize Admitme TV had a huge library. But Tubi TV is here to stay and it gives you a similar streaming experience.
- Full review: Speaking of nostalgia (if you want more), check out our review of Disney+, a streaming service with all of the movies you watched when you were a kid.
Vudu is best for theater-like entertainment
What do we like about Vudu?
- You’ll get access to brand new and older movies.
- You can rent movies for a few dollars.
Vudu has over 10,000 free movies and TV episodes
Vudu’s free titles are pretty well known, and you’re likely to find movies from the late ‘80s to mid-2010s.
And another great bonus, you’ll find new titles on Vudu each week. Boredom, no more.
Download the Vudu app to watch Iceman, Free Guy, Mummy Reborn, Sing and Sing 2, and Winchester.
There are lots of movies and TV series your little ones will enjoy, such as A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventure, Vampire Dog, The Great Bear, and Agent Fox. If you want to find more streaming services for your children, check out our top streaming services for kids.
But Vudu has this excellent “Family Play” feature. Turn Family Play on, and Vudu will skip past or mute R-rated language and visuals. (Thank you, Vudu.)
Vudu has over 180,000 titles to rent or buy at home
Rent newer movies from $2.99–$5.99, like Sing 2, Spider-man: No Way Home, Dog, and Ghostbusters Afterlife.
Vudu also has a section with brand new movies you can rent or buy for $19.99–$24.99, including The Batman and Moonfall (but if you wait a little longer, you can buy it on Vudu for the same price).
Does this streaming service sound familiar? You can watch on-demand content, rent, and buy with Amazon Prime Video, but you don’t have to worry about paying for a monthly subscription with Vudu.
Oh, and you don’t have to worry about ads in the middle of your movie. The ads aren’t inconveniently in the middle of a sad or action-filled scene.
Because Vudu is a free service, there can be a lot of ads while streaming content. Depending on how long an episode or movie is, you might have to watch a few commercials.
What are the pros and cons of Vudu?
- Good: Vudu has lots of on-demand content with new titles rolling out each week. You can also rent or buy videos anytime you want.
- Bad: Yes, there are ads, but Vudu understands the frustration of interruptions. Vudu sometimes conveniently places their ads at the beginning of your movie.
- Full review: If you want even more and newer on-demand content, check out our full review of Netflix or Amazon Prime Video.
Amazon Freevee is best for popular content
What do we like about Freevee?
- You can watch great, popular movies and TV shows with Freevee.
- Amazon Freevee is actually an awesome app, especially for movie lovers.
Freevee only has popular content, no fillers
Amazon Freevee (previously IMDb TV) is an ad-supported, but free streaming service where you can watch some great titles. Although Freevee may not have as much on-demand content as other free streaming services, Amazon Freevee is free of filler content.
Freevee doesn’t feel the need to say “over 100,000 hours of content” to get some buzz. This movie app just wants to deliver content everyone will want to watch, including the following movies:
- Searching for Bobby Fischer
- Hot Rod
- Vanilla Sky
- Walking Tall
- The Imitation Game
- Big Fish
- The Hunger Games
- Something's Gotta Give
- Whale Rider
Freevee also has an excellent TV series collection, including the following:
- The Killing
- The Expansion
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- The Wheel of Time
- Making the Cut
- Royal Pains
- Unsolved Mysteries
- Spongebob Squarepants
The IMDb app is perfect for movie buffs
Before IMDb TV, now Amazon Freevee, came to fruition, the IMDb was an app that gave you information about movies, author bios and filmography, and a place to rate movies.
Now, you can also watch movies and TV shows, and create a watchlist (some free streaming services don’t have a watchlist option).
It’s also worth mentioning here that Freevee has a lot of ads.
Like Pluto TV, when we watched Dead Like Me, there were six ads in the 60-minute episode (ugh!). But again, we can’t complain too much about a free streaming service.
What are the pros and cons of Amazon Freevee?
- Good: Freevee has excellent content for free, making it a great alternative to Admitme TV.
- Bad: You’ll have to find patience with the ads, and remember, free services have to make money somehow.
- Full review: If you love the IMDb app, you’re likely a big movie fan. Check out our review on Amazon Prime Video, a streaming service where you can rent and buy movies anytime you’d like.
The Roku Channel has frequently updated on-demand content
What do we like about The Roku Channel?
- It has on-demand content and live channels.
- It has limited ads (yes, please).
- You don’t need to create an account.
Get live channels and regularly updated on-demand content with The Roku Channel
The Roku Channel gives you both great on-demand content and live TV channels for your entertainment and to catch up on the daily news.
Roku Channel TV shows and movies you can stream on the train or your lunch break include:
- Ugly Betty
- 2 Broke Girls
- That Girl
- Ghost Whisperer
But The Roku Channel does have a lot more TV series than it does movies. You’ll find on-demand shows like Downtown Abbey, Cold Case, Alone, Midsomer Murders, and Project Runway.
Although you Admitme TV fans may only be interested in movies, you can still enjoy live channels such as NBC News Now, USA Today, Newsy, and ABC News Live.
You can watch The Roku Channel through the Roku app on your iPhone, Android smartphone, tablets, Roku TV, or other TV-connected streaming devices with the Roku app.
But beware of the ads.
When we watched The First 48 and Hoarders on The Roku Channel, each episode had three to five 1-minute ads.
When we watched Nancy Drew, there were six 1-minute ads.
Watch movies and TV shows anonymously on The Roku Channel
No need to give this free streaming service your full name and email address. Just open the Roku app or website and just start watching!
We all know we don’t like it when streaming services blow up our inbox with “suggestions” or “what’s new.”
But it might actually be worth creating an account with The Roku Channel. If you do, you’ll get the following benefits:
- Access to some premium channel subscriptions
- Continue watching movies right where you left off
- Get recommendations based on your interests
You know you like to sign in and smoothly jump to the scene where you had to pause. Or you like the “Recommended for You” suggestions so you don’t have to sift through all of the content.
What are the pros and cons of The Roku Channel?
Pluto TV is best for variety and live TV
What do we like about Pluto TV?
- It has so many different genres you and your family can enjoy.
- Pluto TV gives you free live TV streaming with lots of channels.
Pluto TV has tons of genres to choose from on a family movie night.
Pluto TV’s library has close to 100 different movie and TV show genres, including Reality TV, True Crime, and Home + DIY. You’re guaranteed to find something to watch no matter what mood you’re in.
They may not be newer movies like you’d find in Admitme TV, but there are lots of popular older films you and your kids can enjoy on a Friday night.
Movies on Pluto TV include the following:
- Twilight: Breaking Dawn
- The Backup Plan
- Four Brothers
- Paid in Full
- Burn Notice
- The Twilight Zone
The TV shows on Pluto TV include Degrassi, Instinct, Bridezillas, and Beaver Brothers.
But we have to warn you: there are lots of ads.
In a 50-minute The First 48 episode, there were six 2-minute ads! (Can you believe that?)
Unfortunately, Pluto TV has the most ads compared to the other free streaming services we have listed in this article. And we know ads can get a little … annoying.
But hey, make it a game. Do some sit-ups, fold some laundry, or text a friend during the ads.
Watch Pluto TV on your computer or the app with one of these devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android smartphones and tablets
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- iPhone and iPads
- PS3 and PS4
- Roku TV
- Samsung smart TV
- Vizio smart TV
- Hisense smart TV
Watch lots of free live TV cable channels on Pluto TV.
Although Admitme TV didn’t have live TV, we’re sure you can get behind the free live TV channels on top of the on-demand content.
Although Pluto TV has lots of ads in their on-demand content (and the Admitme TV fans are screaming right now), Pluto TV is best for live TV.
This cable-like streaming service has 100 channels, including the following:
- CBS Network
- Comedy Central
- Game Show Central
- Fox Sports (FS1)
- NBC News
- Newsmax TV
- NFL Channel (not NFL Network)
- People TV
Pluto TV also has channels dedicated to one particular TV show, such as Degrassi, Dr. Who, and Tosh.O.
And perfect for sports fans, there are sports channels such as MLB, FOX Sports, NFL, and Major League Soccer.
What are the pros and cons of Pluto TV?
- Good: Pluto TV offers about 100 different genres in its on-demand content and is the best for live TV with 100 channels.
- Bad: You’ll have to deal with the ads somehow. Sigh.
- Full review: If you want other popular channels, check out our full review of the best live TV streaming services.
Recap: Which is the best alternative for Admitme TV?
We sorted through more than a dozen free (legitimate and not prone to vanishing) services to highlight some of the best alternatives to Admitme TV.
We considered movies, ads, TV series, and more to determine which streaming service will hopefully replace the long-gone, secluded Admitme TV. Overall, we can say this about each:
- Tubi TV: Possibly the closest free streaming service to Admitme TV, you’ll find 50,000 free titles on Tubi TV of tons of different genres to fit your mood.
- Vudu: On Vudu, you’ll get lots of movies to stream for free, rent, or buy.
- Amazon Freevee: Only get excellent content on Freevee with little to sift through. This makes it a great alternative to Admitme TV when you’re looking for newer or popular movies. Just beware of the three or so ads in your watching experience.
- The Roku Channel: The Roku Channel frequently updates its content, so you’ll never run out of movies to watch. Limited ads are a nice bonus too.
- Pluto TV: Enjoy about 100 different movie and TV show genres for everyone in the family to enjoy (just be patient when six ads pop up). You’ll also get access to 100 channels of news, entertainment, and lifestyle.
If you’re ready to spend a little extra money on a top tier streaming service, we recommend checking out the best streaming services.