Let’s start anew.
How to Clean Up Your Netflix Recommendations
You probably need to reset your Netflix recommendations because you watched one rom-com with your Mom, and now Netflix won’t stop recommending Monster-In-Law and Just Like Heaven.
Or maybe your Netflix algorithm got screwed up because you watched too many episodes of The Great British Baking Show, and now it thinks you like reality TV.
Or maybe someone who used to use your account isn’t using it anymore, like an ex-roommate or ex-significant other (we get it). You also might have lost account users after Netflix changed its password-sharing rules. So, you’re trying to clean up that “Continue Watching” list.
In other words, you want a refresh! So we’re going to take you step-by-step to achieve that new look on your account.
Steps to cleaning up your Netflix recommendations
Whether you’re looking to reset your recommendations or delete your viewing history completely, you do it all in the same place on Netflix.
Here’s how you clean up and reset your Netflix history:
- Go to Netflix.com on your computer, laptop, or smartphone. (It has to be on a web browser, not through the Netflix app.)
- Once you’ve signed in, click on your Account in the upper right-hand corner.
- Scroll towards the bottom and click on your Profile. A drop-down will give you an option to select Viewing Activity.
- Once you’re in Viewing Activity, click the “hide” icon to delete any show or movie affecting your recommendations.
- If you’d like to reset your Netflix recommendations completely, click on the Hide All button at the bottom of the page.
- The reset will kick in within 24 hours.
And voilà! All cleaned up! Enjoy your new and improved Netflix experience.
If you want more content, check out the best on-demand streaming services. It’s hard to have only one streaming subscription when there’s so much great content on all services like Hulu, Max, and Disney+.