First of all, let’s make sure that you have the correct remote. Most customers should have the modern Spectrum Guide Remote, but some may have other models. You can use Spectrum’s remote identifying page to make sure you’re following the correct instructions for your device.
Here are the directions for programming your Spectrum Guide Remote to work with your TV:
- Place two AA batteries into your remote.
- Turn on your TV.
- Locate the code for your TV manufacturer. You can find these remote codes on Spectrum’s remote guide page. For example, most modern Samsung TVs will use the code 12051.
- Press the Menu and OK button at the same time, until the input button blinks twice.
- Press the TV power button on your remote just once.
- Finally, press and hold the number code for your TV model until the TV turns off.
That should be all you need to do to program your Spectrum remote. If that doesn’t work, repeat the steps again.
If the steps still don’t work the second time, try this:
- Press and hold the Menu and OK button at the same time until the input button blinks twice.
- Enter the code for your TV model.
- Wait for the input button to blink twice as confirmation that it worked.
If that doesn’t work, try the steps over again using the other input codes for your particular TV model.
Note: your Spectrum remote should work well with most TV models, but it won’t control streaming devices like Roku TV. Streaming TV services should come with their own remotes that control the streaming device.