Go to Reviews.org AU Edition
How to Program Your Spectrum Remote to Your TV
If you recently signed up for Spectrum TV, you should have a box full of equipment, including a Spectrum remote control. This remote will automatically pair with your Spectrum cable box or receiver, but you may have to program it to work with your TV.
Just follow the simple steps below to program your remote.
Programming your Spectrum remote control for your TV
First of all, let’s make sure that you have the correct remote. Most customers should have the modern Spectrum Guide Remote, but some may have other models. You can use Spectrum’s remote identifying page to make sure you’re following the correct instructions for your device.
Here are the directions for programming your Spectrum Guide Remote to work with your TV:
- Place two AA batteries into your remote.
- Turn on your TV.
- Locate the code for your TV manufacturer. You can find these remote codes on Spectrum’s remote guide page. For example, most modern Samsung TVs will use the code 12051.
- Press the Menu and OK button at the same time, until the input button blinks twice.
- Press the TV power button on your remote just once.
- Finally, press and hold the number code for your TV model until the TV turns off.
That should be all you need to do to program your Spectrum remote. If that doesn’t work, repeat the steps again.
If the steps still don’t work the second time, try this:
- Press and hold the Menu and OK button at the same time until the input button blinks twice.
- Enter the code for your TV model.
- Wait for the input button to blink twice as confirmation that it worked.
If that doesn’t work, try the steps over again using the other input codes for your particular TV model.
Note: your Spectrum remote should work well with most TV models, but it won’t control streaming devices like Roku TV. Streaming TV services should come with their own remotes that control the streaming device.
Programming your Spectrum remote control for your audio devices
The steps for programming your Spectrum remote to work with your audio devices is basically the same. Just follow these steps:
- Press the Menu and OK button at the same time until the input button blinks twice.
- Enter the first code listed for your audio device. (You can find the codes on this webpage.)
- Check that the device is working by pressing the power button.
If you’re trying to use a third-party universal remote to control your TV and your Spectrum cable box, you’ll need to consult that device’s instructions to get the universal remote codes.
If you’re still having problems setting up your Spectrum remote after trying all of the steps above, try contacting the company directly.
You can reach Charter Spectrum customer service in the following ways:
Looking for more TV options? Take a look at our review of the best TV service providers.