All of the ways that you can pay your AT&T bill, explained
How to Pay Your AT&T Phone Bill
Paying your cell phone bill is never particularly fun. So it shouldn’t be difficult too. Don’t worry, we got you.
This article will guide you through paying your AT&T phone bill, whether you’re using an app, a web browser, or another method.
Paying with the myAT&T app
If you’re looking for the quickest and easiest way to pay your AT&T bill, then the myAT&T app is your best bet.
Image credit: App Store
Just download the app on your phone (if you need an upgrade before you download a new app, check out these deals) and follow these simple steps:
- Sign in (or sign up) to the app.
- Select My Bill.
- Click on Make a payment.
- Input the amount of your bill you’d like to pay.
- Choose your payment method and enter the details.
- Select Continue.
- Review and confirm your payment.
That’s it! You’re done. At least until next month …
Paying on AT&T’s website
If you don’t have access to the myAT&T app for whatever reason, you can use the company’s website to make a payment. Well, actually, there are two websites you can use. One site is for payment with a myAT&T account, and the other is for making a payment without signing in.
Pay on the web using a myAT&T account
First thing is first: you’ll need to sign in or register a myAT&T account.
Screenshot from AT&T's bill pay page
Once you’re signed in to your myAT&T account, follow these steps to pay your bill online:
- Go to Make a payment.
- Choose the bill you want to pay (if you have more than one).
- Make sure the payment amount is correct (click on Split this payment if you need to use multiple payment methods or pay just part of your bill now).
- Follow the prompts to send in your payment.
Pay on the web without a myAT&T account
If you want to pay your AT&T bill using your internet browser, you’ll have to use a totally different webpage.
Once you’re on the site, just follow these steps:
- Enter your AT&T phone number or account number (or select pay a closed account if your account isn’t active).
- Enter your billing zip code.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your payment amount.
- Select your payment method and enter the required information.
- Review the details and select Send Payment.
Good work: you’ve paid your bill! At least, your phone bill. Your AT&T home internet bill is another story.
Paying by phone
You can call AT&T to pay your bill by following these steps:
- Dial *PAY on your AT&T phone (Spanish speakers should dial *PAGAR).
- Press 1 to pay with your bank account or press 2 to pay with your card.
- Follow the automated prompts to enter the required information.
- You will get a confirmation number once the payment has been made.
You can also pay your AT&T bill through text message by signing up for TXT-2-PAY. Once you’re signed up for this service, AT&T will send you a text message six days before your payment is due. You can simply reply to the message to make your payment using the method you’ve set up.
Paying through the mail
Here’s the real retro payment method for all you hipsters: just get yourself a personal check, an envelope, and a stamp.
You can pay your AT&T phone bill by snail mail like this:
- Address a personal check for your bill amount to AT&T.
- Send the payment to the nearest AT&T location that accepts payments (which you can find using this AT&T webpage).
Now you can sit back, relax, and let the USPS do its job. Keep in mind it can take up to 10 days for the payment to be received.
Paying at an AT&T store
While you’re paying your bill in person, you can ask questions about your account and maybe upgrade to an unlimited data plan.
Paying with autopay
If you’re sick of manually paying your AT&T bill every month, then maybe it’s time to enroll in AutoPay. Then you can just sit back and let your bill pay itself (… using your bank account).
Have more questions about AT&T?
Looking for a better cell phone plan?