Go to Reviews.org AU Edition
How to Pay Your Verizon Bill
Step-by-step instructions for paying your bill with an app, a call, or a web browser
Benjamin Franklin once proposed that “in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” Well, we’d like to add one thing to the founding father’s list: bills.
Your Verizon cell phone (or home internet) bill is pretty much unavoidable, but that doesn’t mean it has to be hard to pay. If you want to contact Verizon by phone, call #PMT from your Verizon mobile phone or +1-800-922-0204 from any phone.
Here’s a quick rundown of the four main ways you can pay your Verizon Wireless phone bill, from the easiest to the most complicated (yes, you can mail a personal check to Verizon with a stamp and everything).
Without further ado, here are some step-by-step instructions for each form of bill pay.
Paying with the My Verizon app
The easiest way for most people to pay their Verizon bill is by using the My Verizon App, which is available for your (brand new …) iOS or Android phone. It is, after all, an app that was built just to help you manage your account.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can pay your bill by following these steps:
- Sign in to your account (or create one, if you haven’t yet).
- Go to the Menu icon at the top left of your screen and select Bill.
- Select the Current Bill tab and you should see the amount due this month.
- Select Pay My Bill.
- Select your preferred payment method (or select Set Up Autopay if you’d like to make automatic payments in the future).
- Type in the amount of your bill you’d like to pay and the date you’d like the payment to go through.
- Select Make Payment.
When you’re finished you should see a confirmation, like this one (this screenshot is from a coworker who is enrolled in autopay).
And you’re set! Bada boom! (I once had an editor tell me I needed a “catchphrase” in my articles. How am I doing?)
Paying on Verizon’s website
If you don’t have access to the My Verizon app (or you just hate typing things on your tiny phone screen with your wide fingers, like me) you can use Verizon’s website to pay your bill. This is also the best way to pay your bill if your account has been suspended for any reason.
Pay online with an active My Verizon account
Screenshot from Verizon’s bill pay page
First, you’ll need to sign in or register for a My Verizon account.
Once you’re signed in, follow these steps to pay your Verizon bill:
- Select your payment amount.
- Choose a payment method or enter a new payment method.
- Type in the amount you’d like to pay and when you’d like the payment to be sent.
- Click Continue.
- Read through the payment information to make sure it’s correct and review the Terms and Conditions (*cough* just click accept *cough*).
- Hit Send Payment.
That’s it: bill paid. Woohoo!
Pay online without a My Verizon account
All right, so you don’t have a My Verizon account (or you don’t remember your sign-in information) or your account has been disconnected or suspended. Don’t worry, you can still pay your bill online using a different Verizon web page.
Once you’re on the site, just follow these steps:
- Enter the billing zip code and either your Verizon cell phone number or Verizon account number. If you’re trying to pay a bill on a disconnected account you will need the account number and the zip code.
- Once you’ve entered your account information, select your payment option you want to use.
- Review the transaction to make sure the information is correct.
- Select Send Payment.
That should work. But I’ll add one small, anecdotal sidenote here.
I was, for a time, in charge of paying my nephew's Verizon phone bill (long story, don’t ask). I didn’t have access to his phone or My Verizon account, so I tried to use the non-member bill pay page (as described above). It was a nightmare every time, and so I just ended up using the pay-by-phone option (which was also not ideal). The moral of this story is: signing up for a My Verizon account might be worth it in the long run.
Paying by phone
So you want to pay your bill the old school way. Verizon’s got your back.
Here are the steps for paying your Verizon bill by phone:
- Call #PMT from your Verizon mobile phone or +1-800-922-0204 from any phone.
- Follow the automated prompts to make your payment.
Bill. Payed. Radical! (Are my taglines getting better or worse?)
Paying through the mail
You can pay your Verizon bill by snail mail by following these steps:
- Enclose a personal check or money order for the amount of your bill, addressed to “Verizon Wireless.”
- Send the payment to your nearest payment address, which you can find using this Verizon webpage.
It might take a while for your payment to arrive, but it’s between the Postal Service and Verizon now.
Paying at a Verizon store
So you want to get up, leave the house, and pay your bill in the store. What a show off.
Just kidding. We’re kidding. Going into the store is a great way to pay your bill.
Just tell the customer service worker at the retail store that you’d like to pay your bill, and they’ll help you out. Or, if you're trying to get in and out quickly, you can use a Bill Pay Kiosk. While you’re there, you can ask about upgrading to an unlimited data plan.
Paying with autopay
If all these bill pay shenanigans have exhausted you, then you might want to sign up for Auto Pay. That way, you don’t have to worry about remembering to pay your bill each month.
Have more questions about Verizon?
Looking for a better cell phone plan?