Go to Reviews.org AU Edition
How to Bring Your Phone Number to Mint Mobile
Keep your old number when you switch to Mint with these quick and simple steps
We are committed to sharing unbiased reviews. Some of the links on our site are from our partners who compensate us. Read our disclosure policies to learn more.
Mint Mobile is one of our favorite phone carriers around with an incredibly cheap unlimited data plan. But we don’t need to preach to the choir. If you clicked on this article you’ve probably already chosen Mint and just want to keep your old phone number.
It’s really easy to port-in your existing cell phone number with Mint. Just follow the simple instructions below.
But before we get started, there are a couple of things to know:
- First of all, don’t cancel your old service yet! It’s much more complicated to keep your old number once you’ve canceled service with your previous carriers. You can cancel your old service as soon as you’ve ported in your number and activated your Mint service.
- Secondly, you’ll need to know the account number, password (or PIN), and billing address associated with the account of your old number.
How to bring your phone number to Mint Mobile
Once you’ve received your Mint Mobile SIM in the mail, you can just follow these simple instructions. Bringing your old number to Mint Mobile is simple and takes less than five minutes. Let’s jump into it.
1. Visit mintmobile.com/activate on your computer or mobile device.
2. Enter the 11-digit ACT code that’s on the back of your Mint Mobile SIM card. If you use an eSIM then the 11-digit code can be found in an email from Mint that you received when you signed up.
Image source: mintmobile.com
3. Click the Get Started button.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your Mint service. Select the Port My Number option when it appears.
5. Input the needed information from your old carrier (account number, password, and billing address).
6. Wait for a confirmation from Mint that the transfer is complete.
Once you’ve gotten the confirmation from Mint, you’ll be good to go. You should start receiving calls and texts on your device immediately (assuming the Mint SIM card is installed).
If you’re having issues porting your number with Mint, you can call customer service at (800) 683-7392.