Best 4K TVs for Gaming
LG OLED B9 Series 4K TVPrice:$1,999.98–$3,996.99Sizes available:55–77 inches
Samsung QLED 4K TVPrice:$889.90–$3,399.95Sizes available:49–85 inches
TCL Roku Smart 4K TVPrice:$679.48–$1,687.00Sizes available:55–75 inches
Sony X950G 4K Smart TVPrice:$1,335.83–$2,999.00Sizes available:55–85 inches
LG UK6090 Series 4K TVPrice:$237.99–$599.99Sizes available:43–60 inches
Maybe you’re a seasoned gamer who is almost as good as Saahil “Universe” Arora, or you’re a newbie who wants to be the next Michael “Shroud” Grzesiek. Either way, you want a great 4K TV for gaming.
You want a TV that is going to make you feel immersed in the game. Think about it. You want the best color, picture, sound, and reaction time, all for a reasonable price.
If we’re right, you have to check out our top five 4K TVs for gaming. We’ll help you find the best 4K TV for your bedroom or living room that could make you a better gamer. (It’s not guaranteed though.)
|LG OLED B9 Series 4K TV||$1,999.98–$3,996.99||55–77 inches||2160p||View on Amazon|
|Samsung QLED Q70 Series 4K TV||$889.90–$3,399.95||49–85 inches||2160p||View on Amazon|
|TCL Roku Smart 4K TV||$679.48–$1,687.00||55–75 inches||2160p||View on Amazon|
|Sony X950G 4K Smart TV||$1,335.83–$2,999.00||55–85 inches||2160p||View on Amazon|
|LG UK6090 Series 4K TV||$237.99–$599.99||43–60 inches||2160p||View on Best Buy|
These are the factors we looked at to determine the best 4K TVs for gaming:
- Picture, color, and sound
- Reaction time
- Trusted company
LG OLED B9 Series 4K TV: Best 4K TV for gaming
This LG 4K TV has an intelligent processor that gives a gamer the ultimate gaming experience.
|LG OLED B9 Series 4K TV||$1,396.99–$3,998.00||55–77 inches||2160p resolution, Google Assistant and Alexa built in, 4 HDMI inputs, 3 USB inputs||View on Amazon|
What we like
- α7 Gen 2 intelligent processor
- NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible
A powerful processor powered by AI
Okay, if you have no idea what this processor can do, prepare to get your mind blown. The α7 Gen 2 intelligent processor attacks every aspect a gamer wants in a TV to provide you with the best experience.
The technology in this processor provides gamers with excellent picture, brightness, and sound.
- Picture: This intelligent processor optimizes clarity, sharpness, details, and brightness, especially for when you play Sekiro. This content quality recognition is all powered through the AI engine.
- Brightness: The light sensor on the processor detects ambient light so that it will keep the picture of your video game bright and sharp no matter how bright or dark of a room you’re in.
- Sound: The α7 processor optimizes the audio of your game by identifying voice, effect, and frequency. And another cool sound feature: it knows where you’re sitting. The technology recognizes your watching spot and will direct the sound toward you. Woah.
Experience less screen tearing and input lag
This LG OLED 4K TV has NVIDIA G-SYNC compatibility. Originally only for PCs, G-SYNC recently announced a partnership with LG to bring G-SYNC support to the big screen.
G-SYNC is a display technology that eliminates screen tearing, display stutter, and input lag. So your scenes will appear instantaneously, images look sharper, and gameplay will be super smooth.
Samsung QLED Q70 Series 4K TV: Best color
The processor and high dynamic range on this TV give you crisp color while gaming.
|Samsung QLED Q70 Series 4K TV||$897.99–$2,997.99||49–85 inches||2160p resolution, 4 HDMI inputs, 2 USB inputs||View on Amazon|
What we like
- Quantum processor 4K
- Quantum HDR 8X
Expect more color volume with the Quantum processor
The Samsung QLED 4K TV’s Quantum processor is known for sharpening detail and expressing all the color that can physically be displayed.
This is perfect for Call of Duty, if you ask us. Imagine playing in the futuristic worlds and outer space with the amazing color the Samsung Q70 provides you.
The Quantum intelligent processor also gives you wider viewing angles with its Ultra Black Elite anti-reflection coating. The coating helps spread light more evenly across the screen.
This is perfect for multiplayer games because every single player in the room will get to appreciate the clear, illuminated screen. If one player is sitting on the sofa in the far right corner and another is sitting on the LoveSac on the left, they’ll be able to see the screen just as well as the person sitting directly in front.
Immerse in the color
The Quantum HDR 8X is another color feature that allows you to really see the bright glow of the lightsabers when you play Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
This Samsung brings out realistic, vivid details by contrasting the brightest whites and the darkest blacks while fine-tuning bright colors. It’s not a surprise that Samsung was chosen as the best 4K TV for gaming in our Best 4K TVs of 2020 piece.
TCL Roku Smart 4K TV: Best picture
This TCL 4K TV will give you a great refresh rate for those fast-action scenes.
|TCL Roku Smart 4K TV||$511.10–$1,392.49||55–75 inches||2160p resolution, built-in Roku TV, 3 HDMI inputs, 1 USB input||View on Amazon|
What we like
- 120Hz Clear Motion Index (CMI)
- Natural Motion 480
No blur, no problem
How awesome would it be to play Mortal Kombat 11 with a crisp picture and no motion blur? The fast-moving action scenes would look realistic and intense. That is due to the refresh rate on this 4K TV.
Some TVs falsely advertise the hertz in their Clear Motion Index, but you won’t have to worry about that here. You’ll get a true 120Hz CMI refresh rate with this TCL 4K TV.
So if you’re looking to upgrade your gameplay, the TCL flat screen is a great choice.
Realistic motion during action scenes
To complement the optimal CMI, this 4K TV has a Natural Motion 480 feature that also helps deliver a smooth picture during fast-action scenes.
Basically, this TCL is perfect for the competitive gamer who dominates at action-filled video games. I’m looking at you Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Madden NFL gamers.
Sony X950G 4K Smart TV: Best sound
Experience realistic noise with Surround Sound, Dolby Atmos, and Digital Surround.
|Sony X950G 4K Smart TV||$998–$3,998||55–85 inches||2160p resolution, Android TV with built-in Google Assistant, 4 HDMI inputs, 3 |
|View on Amazon|
What we like
- S-FORCE Front Surround Sound, Dolby Atmos, and DTS Digital Surround
- X1 Ultimate processor
Sounds come to life
The built-in virtual surround sound in this Sony 4K TV delivers a wider and deeper listening soundstage. This is perfect for when you play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe against three other friends in your living room. Every single one of you will clearly hear the kart bumping and race start sound effects.
Check out how the sound features in the X950 create an immersive experience.
- S-FORCE Front Surround Sound: The Surround Sound will enhance your gaming experience by moving the front sound closer to you with a five-channel sound setup. This is what makes the sound stretch across a wider area for everyone to hear.
- Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos gives you three-dimensional gaming audio for intense sound effects.
- DTS Digital Surround: And another bonus, the DTS Digital Surround is a popular home theater audio format that is known to produce great sound quality.
Enjoy excellent contrast, sharpness, and color.
The X1 Ultimate processor adjusts the contrast, sharpness, and color for a realistic picture—especially for games like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
The TRILUMINOS Display feature also helps deliver this dramatic picture and a full spectrum of color straight to your TV. Combine optimal surround sound with a great picture . . . and you have yourself a recipe for never getting off of the couch.
LG UK6090 Series 4K TV: Best budget option
Perfect for the money-savers, you’ll get a great processor and picture for a few hundred dollars.
|LG UK6090 Series 4K TV||$237.99–$599.99||43–60 inches||2160p resolution, 3 HDMI inputs, 2 USB inputs||View on Best Buy|
*Data effective 2/27/2020.
What we like
- Best bang for your buck
- Ultra Surround sound
Lots of great features for an inexpensive price
Not only is this LG 6090 Series 4K TV an excellent choice for those trying to save some cash, but it’s also one of the few great 4K TVs that offers a small 43-inch TV. This size is perfect for preteens or small rooms.
And although this TV is the cheapest option, it doesn’t lack great features that gamers can revel in.
- Quad-core processor: This processor works to reduce distracting video noise while enhancing sharper gaming picture and color.
- True color accuracy: The True Color technology also helps in delivering an accurate and natural picture.
- IPS technology: And thirdly, the IPS panel built into this TV helps deliver vibrant colors and contrasts—even at wide angles.
So you could say this budget option will deliver great color and picture when you play your Sony PS4 Pro or Xbox One X.
Ultimate sound with Ultra Surround
Want to feel like you’re in the game? This LG 4K TV will immerse you with heart-pounding audio with its built-in sound system. So, no need to buy new powerful speakers.
Listen to the clear gunshots in Resident Evil 2, the looting sounds from The Outer Worlds, and the city background while playing Grand Theft Auto 6.
Recap: Which is the best 4K TV for gaming?
After sorting through more than a couple dozen 4K TVs for gaming, we highlighted some of the best for you. We considered pricing, picture and color quality, reaction time, processor, and company reputation to determine which 4K TV deserves your attention. Overall, we can say this about each:
- LG OLED B9 Series 4K TV: The α7 Gen 2 intelligent processor gives the gamer an all-around great gaming experience with its picture, brightness, and sound technology.
- Samsung QLED Q70 Series 4K TV: Sharp, realistic detail and color are what you’ll get on your screen when you play Mario Kart with this Samsung Q70.
- TCL Roku Smart 4K TV: With Clear and Natural Motion features, you’ll receive an excellent gaming refresh rate with this TCL 4K TV.
- Sony X950G 4K Smart TV: If you’re a gamer who likes to be immersed in loud, incredible sound, then this Sony X950 is for you.
- LG UK6090 Series 4K TV: This LG 4K TV allows you to not only save money but also gives you a decent 4K gaming experience.
And to top the whole gaming experience off, make sure you get the best internet speed for gaming.
What do you think?
Which 4K TV do you think is the best for gaming? Tell us what you think in the comments.
Certain Content that appears on this site comes from Amazon.com. This content is provided “as is” and is subject to change or removal at any time. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. Reviews.org utilizes paid Amazon links.