The only way to unlock a locked phone is to contact your carrier who can unlock it for you. All major wireless providers, like AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon, all offer unlocking services.
You’ll need to meet certain requirements for your carrier to unlock your phone. To give you an idea of what to expect, here’s what T-Mobile requires to unlock your device.
- The phone must be a T-Mobile device. T-Mobile cannot unlock a non-T-Mobile device.
- The device must not be reported as lost, stolen, or blocked.
- The account associated currently using the device must be in good standing.
- You have requested no more than two mobile device unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months.
- T-Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.
Expect the same kind of requirements for all major wireless carriers. If you meet the requirements, then it should just take a few days after you submit your request to unlock your phone.