When your Wi-Fi network is on the fritz, sometimes the culprit is your modem or router.
Not sure where to start? That’s okay! We’ve compiled some handy-dandy troubleshooting questions to help you pinpoint a modem connectivity issue.
- Has it been a while since your modem was restarted?
- Has it been a while since your modem was updated?
- Is your modem hardware outdated?
- Are any of the cables dirty, loose, or broken?
- Is the power cord plugged in and operational?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you know what you need to rectify.
If you need help checking your modem software, it’s surprisingly easy. All you do is enter your modem or router's default IP address or login URL. You can find that info on the router itself if you don’t already know it.
Should all of this prove too much of a hassle, there’s no shame in calling your service provider and asking for help.