VoLTE can help improve your call quality and it may already be activated on your phone
What Is VoLTE?
VoLTE stands for Voice over LTE, and it means that the voice calls on your phone are being routed through a 4G LTE data network (rather than an old, voice-only network).
Activating VoLTE can improve the quality of your calls and allow you to use data for games, browsing, or scrolling while you talk on the phone at the same time.
On most modern smartphones—both iPhones and Android devices—VoLTE is automatically active. But, you can confirm that you have VoLTE activated on your device by checking your settings.
On Apple phones:
- Go to Settings and click on Cellular.
- Select Cellular Data Options and then Voice & Data.
- If there is an option to Set VoLTE On, then turn it on. If you don’t see that option, it probably means that VoLTE is automatically enabled on your phone.
On Android phones:
- Go to Settings. While different Android phones have different settings menus, generally, you should look for an option called Connections or Network.
- Select Voice Networks.
- Look for a VoLTE setting and turn it on. If there is no VoLTE setting, then it is most likely already activated.
Another way to make sure that VoLTE is active is to update your phone’s software often to make sure you’re using the latest version of the operating system.